15th and Range Line Road
The intersection of Range Line Road and 15th Street in Joplin, Missouri, is busy… very busy. With a highly-trafficked Walmart and several other major retail stores all within the same block, the street had been operating at a level of service of “D”, which means the flow of traffic and service is severely restricted. The intersection was causing a safety hazard due to frequent semi-truck off tracking, little to no access management and a lack of sidewalk infrastructure for foot traffic to cross safely.
The City of Joplin hired the OWN, Inc. team to develop a traffic count and analysis as part of the petition for MoDOT-Cost Share funding, which was approved and awarded in September 2019.
OWN’s work on the project includes:
- Improving the queue, delay, and safety by increasing the turning radius at the northeast and southeast corners of the intersection
- Adding a dedicated right-turn lane for westbound 15th Street to northbound Range Line Road
- Converting the existing right-turn lane into an additional dedicated through lane
- Improving access management along 15th Street by adding curbs, gutters, and commercial entrances
- Providing sidewalks, pedestrian push buttons, and crosswalks at the intersection and along both 15th Street and Range Line Road
The OWN team is proud to partner with the City of Joplin to relieve traffic stress and safety concerns.